Re: [NTLK] Factory calibration is lost

From: Adrian R.Foltyn (lists_at_macevangelist.de)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 14:46:01 PDT

That's a MP2000 and it happened as I tried to get rid of a pesky
software error that caused SimpleMail to crash the Newton everytime I
checked for mail. I ran a backup to a pcmcia card, completely wiped the
MP2000 and began to selectively restore packages and informations
important to ethernet and SimpleMail operations. Although I restored
the necessary packages I ran into an error after I inserted the
ethernet card so that I couldn't get the ethernet card to work. Once
again I reset the newton planning to restore the packages by installing
them from my desktop Mac. Right after the Newton was done with the
reset and was done starting up I got that Factory Calibration error.

Right now I'm trying to deplete the SuperCap and hope for some positive
result although I highly doubt that. I heard of some way to put the
MP120 and 130 into a service mode to run system diagnostics. If there's
anyone with similar information for the MP2000 please step up.

Thanks

Adrian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html