Re: [NTLK] Nitro/Neo to WinMe?

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 07:50:29 PDT

>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:16:26 +0100
>From: Andy Collins <acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Nitro/Neo to WinMe?
>
>Hi,
>
>I've made some progress. I've got the process started...
>
>The Win PC makes that odd Lancaster bomber sound and the Newt is looking
>for a host but I get error -48809.
>
>Any clues please.
>

>Andy.

Hi Andy,

I've had some minor problems; mostly sorted (win2k on an IBM TP), and you
may have the same. I'm still using Neo 0.5, but the problem may be the
same. I found no difference with IrXfer enabled or disabled. To get around
this, I start receive on the newton to get the win2k IROBEX dialog up, and
then select the file etc. on the win laptop. By this time, the newton has
-48809'd, and I restart the receive. When the "receiver available" icon
again pops up in the systray, I quickly click send on the PC, and it starts
transferring. Works perfectly, though 3MB books take a while.

BTW, I've written a small C app that unwraps txt files of any row length
pretty well (looks for punctuation when deciding whether to unwrap a
line). It works well on Gutenberg, and other wrapped books. Should I send
it in somewhere?

Cheers,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html