[NTLK] Blank Screen

From: Gilmoure (gilmoure_at_tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 07:03:55 PDT

Hi All,

After seeing the start of the jaggies on my 2100, I took the Newton
apart, cleaned the screen borders and case edges and put it back
together. Everything works; starts up (chime, "I'm sorry Dave"). The
touchscreen works; I can open and close random things. The backlight
works. What doesn't work is the actual screen. Nothing shows up on
it. On startup it doesn't darken. It doesn't show the faintest hint
of any activity. I've checked and rechecked all the connections, etc.

My question for the group is: screen bad or logic board? Don't know
if this is a common occurence but maybe someone else has seen this?
Thanks for your help,

Glenn

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html