[NTLK] Problem with Dock

From: Chris Fava (trancefusion_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 06:18:01 PDT

Yes, the error message is on my Newt. It means something about drivers. L=
ike I said in a previous post, I deleted the two ethernet drivers from my N=
ewt and reinstalled them (by using SimpleMail and putting the attached pkgs=
 in Extras) and still I have the problem connecting with Dock. I checked t=
hat in NCU I still had AppleTalk checked (as well as in my network prefs). =
 When I try to connect to another computer using Dock, it says something li=
ke "looking for other Mac computers" but never finds any. Just to reiterat=
e, NCU and ethernet worked just fine before I started playing with a WaveLa=
n Silver card, I think that messed something up.=20

I'm just slammed that only Dock wouldn't work, while SimpleMail and nSync f=
unction flawlessly. What's an alternative package installer program? I he=
ard some things about Escale?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html