Re: [NTLK] 'Pal' Speculation

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 23:33:01 PDT

on 6/5/03 8:15 AM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

> This page I saw at .mac points to upcoming things being software based
> http://www.mac.com/1/learningcenter/ (at the bottom)
>
> This does say "any computer", not "with our new device", so I'd say
> internet based whatnotneverseenbeforesubscribeto.macnownownow.
> The Pal pics have a definite Newtonesque touch though, the bulb, the green...
>
> Wait & see,

Man, talk about taking things out of context (Not you, Oliver, but those who
are fanning the flames of this silly rumor) The page being referenced is the
training videos page. What is comiing soon is a video on how to use iSync to
sync your address book and stuff on your OS X-based Mac with your .Mac
account. It is nothing more than a training video. There is no new service,
no nothing new, except a new training video. Boy, people will take anything
and run with it to create a new rumor.

I posted the other day, a url to a Macuser.uk article where Steve Jobs
clearly says that there is _nothing_ in the pipeline, either a tablet PC or
a PDA device. Steve clearly thinks that supporting cell phones and the iPod
is where the future lies, not in PDAs and in Tablet PCs. I must say that I
agree with him.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland