Re: [NTLK] I want to buy a wireless LAN card in NYC

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 06:36:38 PDT

Doug

I can't speak on behalf of mac systems but on my win2k system it just
involved downloading latest software release for your particular platform
from their support website:

http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/proxim02/showFaq.cgi?session_id=10549
03290.23350.8&type=download&product=Client_Product

After downloading the zip file, I expanded it and a firmware subdirectory
came as part of the package. A program can be found in that subdirectory,
executed it, followed the instructions and voila.

I've just downloaded the Spring 2002 release 7.6 for Windows and installed
the client software on my laptop and updated the firmware. The new primary
firmware version is 4.04 and station functions firmware is 8.72.

Can anyone confirm that this is the latest version that allows a silver card
to work with 128-bit WEP?

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-25-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

I've heard of the firmware update, but haven't investigated the
process...has anyone had success with the procedure mentioned below? I have
an iBook and a Silver card....

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html