Re: [NTLK] Dialing from Newt

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 13:11:52 PDT

on 14/06/03 16:02, Dylan Stewart at rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu wrote:

> It seems that I spoke too soon. It now works perfectly for local calls, but
> it adds my area code to the start of long-distance calls. I suppose that I
> could get around this by creating a long-distance call worksite, but that
> doesn't make much sense.
>
> Is there any other possible way to fix this, or is it going to need an
> external program?
>
> Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

You will have to duplicate your current worksite and change the settings to
make it for a long distance work site. The only discipline you need is to
determine before dialing whether it's a long distance or local call. Then,
from the dialing dialog, you pick the appropriate worksite.

-Laurent.

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html