Re: [NTLK] Dialing from Newt

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 17:07:32 PDT

on 14/06/03 17:06, Dylan Stewart at rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu wrote:

> I don't want to have to use another worksite for long distance calls. I
> call long distance and local with roughly equal frequency, and having to
> switch worksites every other call would get really annoying really quickly.
>
> What I need is a local-only dialing prefix. The Newton obviously knows the
> difference between local and long distance calls because it adds a 1 and the
> area code to my long distance numbers. Does anyone know how it detects the
> difference and is it possible to modify that method?

Unfortunately, the Newton OS was not designed to handle that kind of
situations, so, unless you handle it manually, there isn't much you can
do...

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html