Re: [NTLK] Will be selling off lots of eMate/Newton stuff

From: Mark (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 17:30:28 PDT

OpenDoc was so much more. It was a system level integration between
applications. You could basically build your own applications from the
commercial pieces available and have an app that did what you needed it
to do, no more and no less. The goal was to have a totally customizable
application environment instead of the bloated do everything for everyone
packages we see now. Unfortunately, this was done in Apple's bad old days
when they couldn't focus and never seemed to complete tasks or apply
sufficient resources to accomplish anything really worthwhile.

Mark

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net