Re: [NTLK] RE pdf on MP130

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 05:54:52 PDT

on 06/18/03 4:51 AM, Karel Jansens at kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be wrote:

> You write your CV on your desktop computer's wordprocessor, save it as an
> *.rtf file and export it to your Newton with NCU. AFAIK, you need to have
> NewtonWorks installed on your Newton to have that option and I don't
> recall if the 130 is Works-enabled.

The 130 does NOT run Works. I know, though, that NCU will *export* Notes as
RTF. I've not checked whether one can do the reverse (actually it never
occurred to me that might be something one might want to do).

As for AvailWorks, I believe that has it's own import/export scheme
involving the serial port and the use of a terminal program or some such
silliness.

Just a question, but what happens to attachments when mailed to a Newt? I'm
thinking that if you can store an e-mail w/ attachment that you send to
yourself on the Newt, you could perhaps forward that e-mail w/o ever
decoding the attachment. A kludge, I admit, but possibly a way of doing
sort of what you want.

- Eric.

Remember...  Moderation in all things, INCLUDING MODERATION!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html