Re: [NTLK] Phoenix ala Newton? (rumor alert)

From: Kinsfire.net (kinsfire_at_kinsfire.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 07:34:09 PDT

I begin to see the problem here. What for you is a useless feature, someone
else might see as a valid addition. The phone with the digital camera built
in for example. I've lost track of the number of times I've said, "I wish I
had a camera with me" about something. Of those of us who use cell phones,
how often are we without them (willingly)? (No, I don't have that phone,
but it was an example. For those who want a digital camera on them at all
times, why carry two toys when all you need is one?)

I agree with you in most cases concerning 'feeping creaturism' in tech
gadgets, but I will admit that I don't mind a phone that can double as a
PDA, for example. Got a coworker that uses one, and swears by it. (And
very seldom, at it. *grin*)

If it was a useful enough item, I might very well buy an Apple PDA/phone.
Especially since I do like their OS's.

Well, enough aimless rambling. *grin*

Keith McComb