Re: [NTLK] Wlan+Appletalk problems

From: Gert Menke (g.menke_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 10:21:52 PDT

Hi Laurent,

> Well, there is a distinction to be made between Ethernet, the transport
> layer, and EtherTalk, a protocol using Ethernet as the transport. There are
> actually a few network protocols that run over Ethernet. Most cards will
> support them, but occasionally, you can run into incompatibilities,
> specially with a protocol like EtherTalk, which is, I guess, not widely
> used...
That's bad - one would expect that it should run with every card that claims
to be ethernet compatible. :-(

Has anyone on this list ever had success using EtherTalk with an Avaya Wlan
card, Lucent WaveLan Silver, Elsa Airlancer LC-11 or a similar card? I
thought they were basically the same.

Regards,
Gert

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html