Re: [NTLK] Wlan+Appletalk problems

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 10:46:26 PDT

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 06:20:12PM +0200, Gert Menke wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> > That card may not know how to route appletalk and instead drop it at
> > garbage.
> Well, it's Appletalk over ethernet, right? A card that cannot handle this
> should not be called ethernet card, IMHO. My card is in fact a relabelled
> Lucent WaveLan Silver. Can it really be the card's fault? That'd make me
> quite unhappy... :-(

The trouble with relabelled cards is that the manufacturers can change
what they're relabelling, and as long as the Windows (tcp, udp, netbios)
drivers work, almost everyone is happy.

--
79. If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as soon as it
    has been employed it will be melted down and made into limited-edition