Re: [NTLK] Works

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 06:35:47 PDT

on 23/06/03 07:41, lvr at lvrooy_at_iafrica.com wrote:

> From Laurent On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:58:05 -0400:
> --I don't know what the error number means
>
> Error# -48409
>
> --are you using any Works expansion package, like WorksBetter?
>
> No.
> Works was installed on a card and it worked fine. I removed the card at one
> stage. The problems started after the card was re-inserted. The other
> packages on the card still works OK. I removed all (?) the Works
> packages/add-ins and did a complete re-installation, but the error persists.
> Is there a list of what gets installed where so I can do a 'proper'
> re-install?

Not really. Works is quite modular. You have to install the core, which, I
think, will provide you with the paper stationary, but you can pretty much
install whatever package you want for it, like QuickFigureWorks and
WorksDraw.

If I were you, I would try to retrieve the NewtonWorks entry in the system
soup that keeps the Works preferences and I would delete it. You need a soup
editor to do that, like Software Bureau Mueller 'Utilities'.

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html