[NTLK] First task for the Order of the Newton

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 12:08:45 PDT

    Brothers in Newtondom.

    I received a mail today with some directions that could help us to find
the source for NetHopper:

Also, you might try following up with Erik Browne
(erikATrocketmobile.com). I worked with Erik at
Spyglass, and he stayed with Spyglass until it was
bought by OpenTV. He might have a better idea who you
could talk to at OpenTV about obtaining the source and
a free license. (Then again, OpenTV might have no idea
they even own NetHopper.) You might also follow up
with Wayne Yurtin (wayneATrocketmobile.com)-- he was my
boss at AllPen, the guy who sold AllPen to Spyglass.
He may have archived the source somewhere and be
interested in releasing it.

    I'm afraid that my english is not so good to make a letter sound
pathetic enough so they can even start to think about helping us.
  Is there a brave soul willing to write this letter?

    A quick Google search makes me think that Wayne Yurtin can be the first
person to contact, looks like he invested a lot of effort in making
NetHopper.

     Please, send me your letters so we can make a vote about which one we
should forward.

    Hell, other people have been looking for the holy grial! What's the
NetHopper source in comparison? :)

Daniel

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html