Re: [NTLK] OT: finder's action button, WWDC-wishing

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 22:07:43 PDT

> I want Panther on my Mac!!! :-P

   I'm extremely annoyed that I forgot about the student developer
registration this year, especially when Jobs said that he was giving
away iSights to everyone there. Off course, that would've been against
a $300-400 plane ticket and $200 hotel, plus whatever $@%# hassle I'd
have to have gone through to change everything when they changed the
place of the WWDC - I wonder, do they want to keep people away from
Cupertino for some reason? <-)

   But I suppose the silver lining is that *next* year, I'll be much
more prepared to pick peoples brains about the Newton.. I'm trying to
think of an somewhat-obscure Hammer-inspired question to ask at the
'stump the experts' gathering (well, there I just broke last year's NDA
;-) Maybe ask something about what the BadWickedNaughtyNoot function
does..

   And, I'll have a much better QD demo by then. (What I'd really like
to do is figure out enough to write a circular TView, then watch some
engineers jaw drop..)

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html