[NTLK] OT: Wives and books (was Phoenix ala Newton? (rumor alert)

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 06:56:38 PDT

> and yes, in this case my wife was particularly lusting after the book,
> though I pacifies her in the meantime with the Narnia Chronicles ;-)

   Well, for heavens sake, just buy her her own copy! Then when she
finishes it in a day to two weeks, then sell it on eBay, or used, or
give it to cousin Dudley (well, not him, the great lump probably
doesn't know how to read..). Well, give it to your cousin anyway, or
the library and take a tax-deduction (only useful if you itemize
unfortunately.)

   I wonder if that would encourage charitable giving even more if
people could take the standard deduction AND a charitable deduction as
well. Might bankrupt the [US] government, but I fear that's already
happening.. NO, I DON"T want this to turn into a political thread!

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html