Re: [NTLK] OT: finder's action button

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 07:27:19 PDT

On 2003-06-25 09:52, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Technoir Support wrote:
>> i always dig into the package contents of "metal" programs and turn the
>> option off, Safari being a prime example. [maybe you already know] but
>> you just dig down into Resources/English.lproj/*.nib and start tooling
>> around usually just unchecking "Textured Window" in the Inspector
>> window.
>> I just looked in System/Library/CoreServices and it seems the Finder
>> is no different. There is an option in the Finder for metal appearance,
>> but i did not activate it. I assume the X.3 Finder will be similar.
>
> With what do you dig around in this? Would love to try a metal-brushed
> Finder.

Finder.

Just ctrl-click (or right-click, if you have a multiple-button mouse), and
select "Show Package Contents", and a new window will open, showing the
contents of the application folder.

.nib files open in Interface Builder, which is part of the Developer Tools.
Developer Tools either were included when you bought Jaguar, or you can
download them (after registering) from Apple's developer site.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
I can please only one person per day.