Re: [NTLK] Nethopper wierdness

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 08:07:26 PDT

Nathan Turnage wrote:

> I am sure this has been covered before, but here it goes. When I am
> surfing UNNA using Nethopper, and I click on a package, I get a message
> that says that I need a "data handler plugin" and that I should get it
> from "Allpen" and then it mentions a mimetype
> "application/x-newton-plugin" or some such nonsense. What am I doing
> wrong? Also, does Newtscape actually load the pages you ask it to? When
> I try and go to UNNA, I get NotBSD.org, etc. What is wrong with Nethopper?

Short answer: NetHopper is old and sux. But there is a patch to "modernize"
it that will fix the two problems you just described:
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/progs/NHPatch/ZNHPatch.pkg

Longer answer: check the archives for the long-standing history of this problem:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&w=2&r=1&s=nethopper+virtual&q=b

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html