Re: [NTLK] Wisconsin Newton User Looking For Help

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 10:14:26 PDT

on 29/06/03 12:02, Michael Nerad at neradms_at_execpc.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a Newton 2100 user, and I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I have never
> been able to get the advanced capabilities of my Newton 2100 to work - any
> of the email, or online applications. I would really like to be able to use
> the full power of my Newton, and even be able to use NewtSync with my G4.
>
> Are there any NewtonTalk members in Wisconsin who would be willing to help
> me get this up and running? . I would appreciate help from anyone willing to
> help me. I am very frustrated at this point. I have read the information I
> have been able to gleam, but I have not been able to make everything work.
>
> If you would be willing to help me, it might be best to contact me
> privately, off-list. My email address is:
>
> neradms_at_execpc.com
>
> I appreciate everyone reading and taking the time and consideration of my
> request.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Michael Nerad

Well, if you need help, starts stating exactly what you're trying to do. For
internet or email access, you need to have a supported Ethernet card, plus
all packages from the Newton Internet Enabler archive. Plus, any driver for
your specific Ethernet card. Once you have that and your card is recognized,
we can go to the next step which is the configuration.

Just in case that nobody else is in Wisconsin, or willing to help...

-Laurent.

gib /jib/: 1. vi. To destroy utterly. Like frag, but much more violent and
final. "There's no trace left. You definitely gibbed that bug". 2. n.
Remnants after total obliteration. Originated first by id software in the
game Quake. It's short for giblets (thus pronounced "jib"), and referred to
the bloody remains of slain opponents. Eventually the word was verbed, and
leaked into general usage afterward.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html