Re: [NTLK] Pen drift: Solutions or possible trade?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 07:14:32 PST

on 3/1/03 9:52 AM, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_usa.net wrote:
> Aha. I had my Newton go out of calibration twice in the past day or so.
    I discovered the card possibility a while ago while having some odd
calibration problems. I had cleaned the case around the screen, removed the
NuShield and shut down most software in an effort to track down the problem,
but if kept returning.
    Finally, I removed all the cards (after erasing them) and did a
brainwipe. After the brainwipe the Newton was fine, but the problem returned
after I inserted a memory card. I had been using that card in the upper
slot. I moved it to the lower slot and the calibration problem went away and
did not return.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html