Re: [NTLK] ebay and consumer protection

From: Andrew Shooner (shooner.3_at_osu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 11:27:16 PST

I think as far as the legality goes,

the argument could be made that while this is a public forum, it is
also a community whose
members are (somewhat) possibly managed, therefore anything expressed
in the community could
be categorized as a private statement, inasmuch as it was only directed
towards certain individuals. Especially when it is said on on a string
addressing the whole group, but rather on one in which only
certain individuals have partaken. So if you take that into
consideration, you can say whatever you want.
Of course, I'm nothing even approaching a lawyer so I'm probably wrong.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html