Re: [NTLK] UPDATE Contest over , some ?'s

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 20:06:50 PST

On Sunday, March 2, 2003, at 08:32 PM, This Old Newt wrote:

> The Contest at This Old Newt is over.
>
> We have a winner of a 2100 package from J&K Sales, Josh Davis.
> Congrats Josh!
>
> Personal Observations of a Host:
>
> I will say this last round was a bit of a flop. There were fewer than
> 75 persons who even
> tried the last round. I Thought that with the 1000+ just on this
> list that there would be at
> least 4-500 players. There were never that many players in any of the
> rounds. (180 max)
> Why? I dont know. We gave away several licences to titles like
> NSBasic, InkSpot,
> Address Access and all of Catamounts Titles, Batterys for 2100,
> leather CAses, UNNA
> CD's, T-Shirts, NewtsCape, and even Newtons.
>
> Were the questions to hard?
>
> Were the prizes that lousy?
>
> Did the contest run too long?
>
> Do people just not care?
>
> Did anyone know about it?
>
> Have all the new list members ever seen the site? Are the old Newt
> sites just no longer
> exciting enough?
>
> Just a few thoughts to see if its worth the effort to try and run
> again next year.

I participated in a round or two, and enjoyed it too. I did think the
questions were way too hard. I felt like questions about newton usage
would be better then questions like Hardy Marcias birthday(sorry I'm
sure that's misspelled).

Anyhow I think the site is great and the contest is still a good idea
too.

Sorry you feel like it didn't get enough participation, as a web host
I know what that feels like (all that effort for what...)

Anyhow Rich your efforts are appreciated, even if the eagles do suck,
marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html