[NTLK] Poweroff utility

From: Gerard Tripptree (gtripptree_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 14:50:17 PST

Hello Su:

I do use PowerOFF on both of my 2100's - all the time. On my 2100's
the software installs a button on the backdrop's application bar
which you tap to power off the MP.

Here is the web page for more info:
http://home.earthlink.net/~herbo/newton_sw.html#poweroff

Info from Herbo's page:

PowerOff installs a small button on the backdrop application's status
bar. Version 1.1 has some new features. The button shows the
percentage of power remaining in your battery pack as well as the
charging status if the AC adapter is plugged in. Clicking on the
button once will immediately show the current temperature in degrees
F. Clicking a second time will show the message "off" which will turn
off the Newton if clicked. There's a 5 second delay between states of
the button. For instance, if you clicked twice on the battery level
display to show "off", waiting 5 seconds will return you to the
default battery display.

Charging status:
Chd: Full charged,
FsC: Fast charge,
TrC: Trickle charge,
No: Not charging

Battery status:
00 -> 99: percentage of remaining power,
Full: 100% (fully charged)
Temperature:
00 -> 99 degrees Fahrenheit