Re: [NTLK] OK, Ethernet it is

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:18:28 PST

    OK, I took a couple of backup Newtons and did some experimenting.
    I loaded NIE2 and all of the extras, plus the Farallon driver, onto a
bare Newt (freshly brainwiped). Tested ethernet and it worked fine. I then
backed up the internal store to a 2MB card. The backup file is about 715K.
    I then restored this to another Newt (but not Names, Dates, Notes or
system info).
    Ethernet did work on the restored Newt.
    So it appears it is possible to save data when doing this installation
from card backup. However, I feel a restore to a freshly wiped Newt would
probably be the best route simply to reduce fragmentation of memory and make
100% sure there's nothing hanging around from previous installations that
could cause conflicts.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html