Re: [NTLK] Palm exec returns to Apple

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 12:51:47 PST

I'ld say that this is the death-knell for Apple.
He (Steve Sakoman) was "responsible for setting the
company's direction and developing strategic
relationships in the Web appliance market" for Be
computing...and now where is Be?
He was also was "chief product officer at Palm's
software unit PalmSource" and now look at Palm, and
specifically PalmSource. Plus he "managed Apple's
Newton development team" And we all know what happened
to the Newton...In all the above instances, his
position was a key position responsible for a
considerable amount of profitability for the company
he was working for and in each instance, regardless of
his position of power, the company he was in power of
has failed, and not just fallen-over failed, but
spectacularly! I'ld say that now he is "vice president
of software technology" we will begin to see a marked
loss in Apple's ability to develop innovative software
products.
Just my observation.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Chris Myers <newtman_at_plumbrook.com> wrote:

> http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0303/05.palm.php
>
> What do you think this means?
>
> Chris
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the impudent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spiro Agnew, 1970