Re: [NTLK] Null Modem drivers?

From: Andrew Maier (andrew_at_maier.name)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 00:09:11 PST

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:15:40AM -0500, Donald Wilson wrote:
> Are there any Null-Modem drivers for the Newt?
>
> I've set up pppd on the correct port, 9600 baud (figured start low,
> speed up later)... but I need a proper modem driver! The Newton
> Fax/Modem and Hayes drivers won't work for this.

If I remember correctly there is an ISP setup package in the Devloper
Tools of NIE 1.1 which is called "Serial Setup 19.2". It is hidden away
somewhere in a "Goodies" section of the NIE 1.1 dev tools. (Dont't start
downloading NTK or similar only the NIE stuff). Just install this
package and you get the null-modem setup you want.

Hope this helps,

        Andrew

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html