[NTLK] Intermittent NCU

From: Dr. Julie Armstrong (drarmstrong_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 12:23:10 PST

Strange thing...

I'm on a Cube, OS 10.2.4 with a Keyspan adapter. I installed NCU and
fired it up. I was able to exchange data w/my Emate no problem (My
network settings include Apple talk on.) Worked great... once it told
me it could not use the printer port, but I quit and restarted the app
and it worked fine. Installed packages without difficulty.

So I bought a MP2100. Easy right?

Since then, I've changed nothing. The 2100 won't connect. Told me to
set up my port preferences. I re-checked all my connections and tried
again. The 2100 searches but cannot find the computer. And now I cannot
get a connection on the emate either!

I tried to futz (technical term) with Apple talk on vs. off. I looked
at the other network settings, but got a bit overwhelming so I reverted
to my original setup.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? I'd love to make a connection with the
2100.

I tried Newtsync, but that couldn't seem to find the serial ports. I
didn't know what other tweeks I might need to do to make Newtsync work,
so I stopped there and played with NCU a bit more...

Any help will be graciously accepted!

Julie A.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html