Re: [NTLK] Nokia Cardphone 2

From: Lui Frimmel (luifri_at_atnet.at)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 17:44:53 PST

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:34:33 +0100
Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:

> on 09-03-2003 10:09, Gleb Dolgich at gleb_at_proggle.com wrote:
>
> >> Will a Nokia Cardphone 2 work OK in a MP 2000u?
> > Should work, I tried it. Used Nokia modem script.
>
> You're sure Gleb, just checking that you're actually use the '2'
> version because I seem to remember that the first worked and the
> second one didn't.

Yes, the Nokia CardPhone 2 works with MP 2000; driver is at
http://www.fiutak.de/newton/

There is also Newt SMS by Stefan Auweiler allowing to use the headset
to make/receive calls with the card or sending/receiving SMS.
You have to mail him for the actual version
"Stefan Auweiler" <stefan_at_team-auweiler.de>

One problem I found is that the Nokia Card Phone needs a strong signal
(it fails where the Nokia 7110 works without problems, even the
oldtimer 2110 is better) There is an external antenna for the card also,
but I have not tried it yet.

Lui

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html