Re: [NTLK] Announcing NewtTest...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 21:11:29 PST

on 11/03/03 23:14, Nancy Haitz at nhaitz_at_earthlink.net wrote:

>> Frank Gruendel wrote:
>>
>> I am pleased to announce NewtTest.
>>

> Frank,
>
> NewtTest sounds great. When I tried to download it I just got a
> browser page full of raw code. What am I doing wrong?

That's probably because the web server doesn't tell the browser what kind of
file this is and the browser can't determine it by itself. Instead of
clicking on the link, try right (if you have a 2 buttons mouse) or
control-click the link, then select the option to save the link to disk from
the popup menu that should appear.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html