[NTLK] Wavelan Question

From: Shin Yoo (ntrolls_at_xinics.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 18:02:53 PST

I recently subscribed to a public 802.11b service. Last night I tried to
connect
my Newton to the network using Orinoco Gold card, but failed.
It seems like setting is alright, because Newton gets an IP. But after that,
nothing
can be done. SimpleMail failed to get any mail - there was a brief
messagebox
before it disconnected but I could not read it. Newt'sCape couldn't read any
page
too. It said there was a "communication problem"

I will try again with my notebook to see if the AP is alright(it's located
in a coffee house),
but anybody had similar problem? I need some wireless internet connection,
and I really
want to use my Newton for it.

Shin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html