Re: [NTLK] Newton II: A gentler approach

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 14:05:42 PST

> From: rpatel_at_accelrys.com
>
> I still think the simplest approach is to abstract the newton-isms from
> the
> underlying OS so it could sit on top of anything - win32, wince, osx,
> linux etc

That's more or less exactly what I was proposing, but in far fewer
words. :)

Since SDL runs atop Win32, Mac OS X, PocketPC, Embedix, etc, you
'simply' have to write a dumb view / windowing system. Then you bring
in Lua as the scripting language to run everything...

I'm not explaining the idea very well. I'll have to spend some time
and see if I can create a "proof-of-concept" type thing that will be a
bit easier to understand...

Steven
http://stevenf.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html