Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #142

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 14:23:51 PST

On Saturday 15 March 2003 22:26, Robert Benschop wrote:
> on 14-03-2003 6:00, Ron R. Silva at ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net wrote:
> >> http://www.bbid.com/aplqdev.html
> >
> > Thanks for the pics and now where can we have some made?
>
> I'd say close to the person with too much money on his/her hands that
> would be crazy enough to invest in this, in other words, won't happen
> IMHO.

If you already have a keyboard to start with, and we would somehow get the
specs on how to make the connection through the unused port, I can see
several ways how it can be done:

- use an existing setup, like the canvas flip-top case that holds keyboard
and Newt or

- produce a hinged plastic mold akin to the large picture that will hold
both a Newton and a standard keyboard (this one is obviously more
expensive). The biggest problem I see with this option is that the setup
will clearly be top heavy.

Converting existing keyboards to lids is not feasible, as the keyboard is
simply too big.

The connector seems to be the biggest problem: it's very small and
obviously non-standard. Did anyone ever see a serial-like plug of that
form factor?

--
Jazz.
 This operating system/newsreader does not support the