Re: [NTLK] The end of the road

From: Ian Moffatt (ianmoff_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 23:05:30 PST

On 17/3/03 3:15 am, "This Old Newt" <rich_at_thisoldnewt.net> wrote:

> We will see you soon again.
>
> (it always happens :)

Not this time Rich,

This is not easy

I've had this Palm for over a month now and although seeing them and even
using my mates a couple of times I still thought they couldn't touch my
Newt. I was 'Newtless' for a while when I killed my old one and used this
Palm extensively. When I was 'reunewted' it wasn't the same. I'd got used to
this small colour screen.

That's the thing, the colour screen. I even toyed with the idea of a
replacement backlight but it's time to move on. Newton is not practical for
me. It's far more than a PDA but I don't need it.

One last thing,

When 'Newtless' I looked for a replacement on eBay. I just missed one but
emailed the seller (Larry Brenner, who occasionally visits the list) who had
a couple up for grabs. I'm not accusing Larry of theft but the Newt never
arrived. The moral of the story is make sure it's insured!!

Deep respect to all

Ian

--
PS. This is like breaking up with a girlfriend. How do we become so attached
to a collection of plastic, silicon and copper?