Re: [NTLK] HP wireless card works with Newton (and Mac?)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 07:59:05 PST

Quoting Ben Klang <ben_at_alkaloid.net>:

> Which model is the one wired enet card that is supported in the MP130?
> I have googled for hours but can find no reference to it. I thought I
> remembered a few years ago hearing that the 130 did support exactly one
> ethernet card...

It is not an Ethernet card - it is a custom weird strange wireless AppleTalk
card - the DaynaCOMM Roamer. It will only work with its custom base station
and IIRC is only able to access AppleTalk resources (ie. NOT the Internet).
Not worth it. This is in the FAQ:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB2c

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html