Re: [NTLK] OT Woz, Sculley et al invite

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:21:43 PST

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Peter Fraser wrote:

> well, and this is just an opinion, i'm not sure he's prone to take it
> that way. he was recently inducted into an inventor's hall of fame
> sort of thing at the Smithsonian, and his remarks were quite
> self-effacing. he's simply a regular guy who has a great heart and who
> created some fantastic things, not into ego or power trips.

He's not exactly a "regular guy" IMHO.

The Apple II design will remain forever a landmark in unorthodox and
minimalist hardware design, that has never been equaled.

The original Mac hardware was a copy of it, in fact.

I remember when the IBM PC came out(four years later), the Monochrome
graphics adapter for it (which did 80*24 text only) had more chips on
it then the entire Apple II computer (including a full RAM population!).

Keep in mind that the Apple II logic board included video support
(including hi-res(ha) graphics), sound (1 bit out), game controller
support, slots, etc.

I'm fine with people who don't like or put down Steve Jobs, but if you
put down Woz in my company, your looking for trouble :~>

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html