Re: [NTLK] E-mail sync

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 21:25:27 PST

You are using SimpleMail for email on your Newt,
right?
Well, since you are, then this will be easy. Goto the
in/out box and tap the [i]. Select SimpleMail
Preferences and check the box that says "Leave mail on
Server". This way, if you read the mail on the Newt
first, it will just copy the mail from the server to
the Newt leaving your desktop to download all the mail
when it reads it's mail. All good mail readers have
this option. I use it all the time on all my mail
readers...I always leave my mail on the server...no
reason I should worry about backups...let my server
worry about that!
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- James Elliott <james.elliott_at_newted.org> wrote:
> I really love reading my e-mail on the Newt, but I
> also like to keep
> copies of all my mail on my desktop. Is there a way
> that I could
> sync (or at least conveniently copy) mail from the
> Newt to a desktop
> Mac?
>
> -James

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the impudent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spiro Agnew, 1970