Re: [NTLK] Nonfunctioning Appletalk on Basilisk II for Windows

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:26:29 PST

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 04:14:38PM -0500, Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> > I've got the current standard (not JIT) Basilisk II for Windows
> > installed using an LC/Performa ROM. The Basilisk side can do TCP/IP
> > routing over the Router/NAT feature just fine, but I'm having
> > trouble getting Appletalk to bridge over. The Windows side can see
> > at least the Appletalk-only Laserwriter IIg, and another (real) mac
> > can see the printer and the Windows side, but not Basilisk. Per all
> > the doco I can find, Appletalk just kinda works, and the troubles
> > have been getting TCP to function.
> >
> > Anyone have a clue as to what issues I might be missing checking?
>
> In the BasiliskII GUI, in the Network tab, make sure that it is set to
> receive at least All AppleTalk multicast packets, and possible even
> all multicast packets.

Hah! No NDIS Ethernet card listed, which lead to some further digging on
Google, which lead to a mention in a changelog of an Ethernet.win32.txt
file that I'd apparently trashed before reading that gave instructions
for installing the NDIS B2win32 drivers. It is now working.

--
The trouble with things that extend your lifespan is that they happen at
wrong end. I'd hate to be wearing Depends at 85 and thinking "I gave up