Re: [NTLK] kallisys?

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 19:22:15 PST

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 12:39 PM, rpatel_at_accelrys.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Oh. That does suck. But what will shutting down his company/website
>> accomplish? And will he still work on the Newton goods he is famous
>> for?
>
> Did you actually read Chuma ? -
>
> Kallisys website is closed - today Paul decided to close his site
> because of the war.
> I completely respect him and stand beside him. However, I think
> that my
> life and
> my site should not be stopped by an arrogant United States
> Government.
>
> So he may be back up later when things quieten down (then again he
> might
> not but that seems
> to be the general gist of it).
>
> Raj.

If this is going to turn into a "let's bash the US" list, then I'm outa
here. I thought we were all here because we want to talk about Newtons,
not world politics. If Paul wants to make a political statement by
basically thumbing his nose at some of his fellow Newton users, he's
certainly within his rights to do so. However, I feel he's setting a
poor example and alienating a lot of folks in the process. (But that's
just my opinion, and all I plan to say on the subject.)
John

"Got Newt!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html