[NTLK] Just got my new 2100...

From: David Mills (solidsilver_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 09:26:09 PST

Just got my new (ish) 2100 from JK sales. Excellent condition apart from a
bit of wear in the top right corner and someone has chewed the stylus. I am
really pleased and impressed both with the Newt and JK sales. How apple in
their wisdom stopped making these babies Išll never know. Išve used Palms
that made me squint and psions that I couldnšt synch properly, but this
beauty just synched first time no issues. Wonderful kit. If I had $500 I
would have bought a new one.
Anyway, the point of my post. I am a teacher of 11 to 16 year olds in UK.
What software does the Newton elders recommend I simply must have to
function and stuff that would be useful for school. I teach Technology
(design, graphics, wood and plastic work).

I use OSX with my main staple of programs being Word, Excel, Entourage,
Acrobat and FileMaker 6. For organisation I use iCal and Address book.

I have already put Newt Works on it successfully. When I get an Ethernet
card I will only use email NOT web browsing.

I would also ask your advice where I can buy a brand new stylus (preferably
Newton) - I donšt like the thought of a manky chewed up thing in my right
hand.

A lot of questions but I Œm really happy with this Newt and want it just
right.

Thanks

David Mills

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html