Re: [NTLK] Emate display not working

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 10:04:23 PST

on 22/03/03 06:13, Michael at t_e_at_bigpond.com wrote:

> Hello
> I have a problem with an emate screen, the touch sensitive part does not work.
> I have taken the screen and cable out and tried it in an other emate and it
> works in it, so it is inside where the problem is.
> I was wondering if I could get some help.

Check the NewtonTalk archive. This is a known problem with the eMate.
Basically, the hinges are prone to breaking and in doing so, they snap the
video cable that connect the display/touchscreen to the motherboard.

-Laurent.

Gates's Law: "The speed of software halves every 18 months." This oft-cited
law is an ironic comment on the tendency of software bloat to outpace the
every-18-month doubling in hardware capacity per dollar predicted by Moore's
Law. The reference is to Bill Gates; Microsoft is widely considered among
the worst if not the worst of the perpetrators of bloat.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html