[NTLK] [ANN] Nitro 0.2 - IrOBEX

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 10:02:45 PST

Hello all,

I've put a new version of Nitro out for you to play with. Here you go:

http://40hz.org/Nitro/

This one supports IrOBEX in addition to IrCOMM, letting you send and
receive data via OBEX which should be supported by most IrDA devices.
There are still some quirks, but I've got it working with my Nokia 3650
and also a Linux PC. At the moment, only text transfers are useable in a
meaningful way, but the next step is to have iCalendar and vCard data
exchange.

IrOBEX is integrated as a regular transport, so if you know what that
envelope button and the I/O box are for, you should be set.

The package actually contains a general OBEX implementation, so if
somebody feels like putting together an OBEX via TCP/IP or serial
transport, no problem there. Transports are unfortunately quite complex
beasts, that's why I haven't done any more work on that.

Take care,

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html