Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS X & Ink

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 22:30:14 PST

On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 04:06 PM, Chris Ruprecht wrote:
<snip>

> on my way to simulate Newton under OS X - Oops ... How could they
> (Apple) mess this up so
> badly?

<snip>
Yeah, I have a customer who has a dual G4/1G with the really cool Wacom
LCD/Tablet thing, and the first thing I thought when I saw it was, ooh
I wonder how the handwriting thing works (inkwell).

There is no gesture recognition whatsoever for cursor control or for
text control, and the stupid little text entry area that appears is
just as lame as MS's current tabet PC garbage.

The stylus based handwriting/text input system is still no where near
equalled on any other platform IMHO.

Inkwell is certainly crap in it's current form.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html