Re: [NTLK] Spam Arrest Verification for List Posting

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 18:57:08 PST

I HAVE no problem with him having a spam o matic to block out the spam, BUT, and i do mean but, we are on this private list and victor has made very sure to not let the list members names get taken and shared thru out the internet. so the chances that u will get spam from any on this list are slim. plus is it that hard to set exclusions to his settings? if there isnt an exclusion setting then i would say his spam o matic is destined to be more of a hindrance than a help. i have yet to get any spam from this listing so i for one see his extreme settings to be an over kill. the verifacaton email to me is the spam and it has now invaded my spam free email, thanx.
LAG

 "Keith E. McComb" <kinsfire_at_kinsfire.net> wrote:The prevailing attitude here seems to assume that the NewtonTalk list is the only e-mail he gets. By the time I come into work tomorrow, I expect that I'll see something like 100 e-mails
in my inbox. Most of that is spam. I just refuse to respond to their "Take me off this list" addresses, since all that does is verify that they've got a live one.

I had absolutely zero problem with the spam arrest e-mail, and I'm contemplating signing up myself.

Keith McComb