Re: [NTLK] Rex 6000 and Newt (or 'this old chestnut')

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 03:23:56 PST

    The newton also recognizes the REX6000 as a modem. That's a good thing
because we wouldn't need to write a special driver for it.

    As a modem, we can send commands to it through a serial communications
endpoint. But to be usable, it needs a good amount of code to translate its
database to a something the newton can understand, and then, integrate that
data with the equivalent apps on the newton. Not an easy task, but
possible.

    I used modemBrigde, a newton program, to act as a docking station for
the rex.

Daniel

I know that the Rex/Newt question is an on going struggle but it's always
been
Rex 3 that we've talked about. Has anyone put a Rex 6000 into a Newt -
apparently Windows sees them as modem cards which leads me to believe that
we
might be able to write something to talk to them.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html