[NTLK] Newton Newbie

From: Evan Holt (evanholt_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 09:06:36 PST

Hi there,

I bought a Palm Zire the first day it came out. Didn't want anything
fancy, just something to sync my contacts and schedule for my job. I
really enjoyed it, but finally bought a Newton 2100 on eBay, and I must
say that I'm blown away. It's everything that I wanted in a PDA and
more. I still have some of the brochures that I picked up at MacWorld
in 1996, and I'm going to have to dig them back up. My first tasks will
be downloading the various programs from the net to sync it with OS X,
but it's no wonder that so many people still use them. It even has all
the wonderful hookups available like a bar code scanner, or even a
Seimens phone! One thing that I didn't like about my Palm is that it's
so darn small, whereas the Newton actually has the screen size to write
on. I know technology keeps getting smaller and smaller, but sometimes
it becomes a hinderance. I just wish Apple would come out with a new
Newton with Firewire and the same abilities as the old one.

Anyway, just a note to say 'hi' and that the Newton runs circles around
the Palm any day.

Evan Holt
Apple Certified Repair Technician

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html