Re: [NTLK] [OT] [Expose'] Poutine: Elaborate French-Canadian Ruse or Complete Hoax?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 14:48:18 PST

It's about an hour and a half from Montreal, Peter. I don't know any
airtight case except that it's exotic and absolutely unique! If you go
there, you will even be able to select from a varieties of poutines: in
addition to the regular one, they used to server italian poutine, where the
gravy is replaced with spaghetti sauce, poutine with sausages, peas, etc.
Very nice for a change!

If you're really serious, I would recommend that you give them a call
before, so that you don't make a waste of your trip.

I'm sure that some people might come up with places west of Montreal, but I
don't personally know any. Plus, you have to remember that the very first
poutine was served many many years ago about 20 minutes from St-Albert.
That's where they started selling cheese curds in that area.

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html