Re: [NTLK] Simple Mail

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 19:42:59 PST

on 27/03/03 20:45, Matt Mendelow at mattmend_at_warpmail.net wrote:

> Ok. Having more difficulty than not getting packages installed. And
> this is on a clean Newton no less. I've installed Simple Mail and at
> the end of installation getting the error:
>
> "An error occured activating the package "Mail:Simple". it may not work
> with this system. Contact the software publisher for further
> information. (Part 0, Type auto)"
>
> Any ideas? I have an MP2100.

Were you able to install NIE (Newton Internet Enabler) v. 2.0? SimpleMail
may depends on some packages from NIE, resulting in an error if they are not
installed, since SimpleMail wouldn't work anyway...

-Laurent.

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise,
low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase
`the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a
`flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html