Re: [NTLK] CF card and adaptor

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 01:25:00 PST

Il me semble que le 28/3/03 à 08:32 -0700, jeffrey nous racontait:
>Can anyone help me get a CF card and PCMCIA adaptor that "for sure" is
>compatible with my MP130. I have now two adaptors and have tried 4 or
>five CF cards. I have looked through the list on Kallisys but it just
>confuses me. One guy says the card works, another says it doesn't.
>and the ones that do work, just seem like a longshot to be able to get
>a hold of.
>
>I'd like about 64meg. Thank you.

Jeffrey,

As it was mentionned, the CF adapter is a passive element. Unless you
have a defective one, it doesn't make any difference. I should clean
up the database a little bit because people reported compatibility
with different Newtons and different versions of ATA Support.

Your problems aren't caused by the adapter. Apparently, I broke the
compatibility with the Runt chip (the heart of the MP1x0). Since I
don't have a MP1x0, I cannot test the builds myself on MP1x0s.

I wasn't able to work on ATA Support recently because I was sinking
under university work and I couldn't find a whole afternoon to dive
into the code (compiling ATA Support takes an hour). I have 3 days of
holidays now, so hopefully I'll fix this. I'll release a new version
soon with: improved compatibility (some full-size ATA cards say they
can do LBA but they cannot, now I talk to them in CHS -- such cards
currently appear as 0 MB cards), backups (many people have issues
with MobileBackup), and bug fixes. If you agree to test nightly
builds, drop me a line; as soon as I can make the log version to
work, I'll need MP1x0 users to send me a log so I'll identify the
incompatibility.

Regards,

Paul

--