Re: [NTLK] duodock--battery?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 04:48:28 PST

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:13:24 -0500, mimi.cipollone wrote:
> is there an internal battery for the old powerbook duodock?
> a friend has this problem--
> the bowerbook will not "catch" when slid into duo dock
> he thinks the problem may be a non functioning internal battery, but
> cannot find the part number, if there is such a thing

The dock doesn't have a battery. I can think of a couple of things,
however, that could be causing his problem. 1. is a dead power supply.
They were notorious for dying. 2. Inside the dock, there is a little
tab sticking out of the back of a sliding "catch". this little tab
sticks into a sensor, which makes the dock grab the Duo. If this little
tab is broken off, then it won't grab the Duo. If you take the top off,
you will be able to see this sliding plastic part on the left side of
the tray, when viewed from the front. I fear this may be his problem.
Sorry, but I don't have a solution, other than finding another dock.

--
-Jon Glass
mailto:<jonglass_at_usa.net>